Exciting News! Tickets are on sale now for the 2016 Florida Local Food Summit! ​

Florida Local Food Summit Ticket - Industry Level

8:00am- 5:30pm Friday, September 9th, 2016

$50 per person, includes farm-to-table breakfast and lunch.

Click here for tickets!

 

Florida Local Food Summit Feed with the Farmers BBQ

6:00pm- 8:00pm Friday, September 9th, 2016

Click here for tickets!

The industry level summit is Friday, September 9th and the tickets are $50 per person.  This education and collaboration filled day, includes a delicious and thoughtful farm-to-table breakfast and lunch prepared by Chef Jessica Tantalo, Executive Chef of East End Market. The event is at East End Market, Redlight Redlight, Stardust Coffee & Video and throughout the Audubon Park Garden District.

At 6pm, Will Harris from White Oak Pastures is presenting his keynote speech for free and open to the public in the courtyard at East End Market.  This year’s FLFS theme is Authenticity in our Food System, so this experienced leader in local food will be discussing collaborative systems that support transparency and community.

Chef Jessica Tantalo, Executive Chef of East End Market and Chef Matt Hinckley, Chef & Owner of Hinckley’s Fancy Meats will create an amazing locally grown “Feed with the Farmers BBQ” for $20 per plate (tickets available for pre-sale).  There will be live music, craft beer deals and fun farm-to-table dishes for sale from the other East End merchants.  Dinner is from 6pm-8pm or until the BBQ runs out.

Saturday September 10th, from 9am-5pm is the Florida Local Food Summit Community Education, filled with organic gardening and cooking workshops.  The entire day is free and open to the public.  The workshops are throughout the the Audubon Park Garden District.  
Once you have tons of growing knowledge you can come to the Garden District Grower’s Festival at the East End Market and get all of the tools and supplies you need to start your fall garden. The event is organized by Gather & the organization that manages the Audubon Park Community Market, so you know it is going to be authentic and awesome!  Come with your truck or your bike trailer so you can load up on plants galore!

$500 Logo Contest for Florida Local Food Summit 2015

Florida Local Food Summit Request for Proposal

As the Florida Local Food Summit (FLFS) moves on to it’s second year, the organizer’s look to create a thoughtful new logo and brand.  Who better to design a logo for the FLFS than Floridians?  

This is a guaranteed payout design contest with a $500 award.  Initial logo submittal can be handdrawn, vector graphic or JPEG and must be submitted for review and judging by April 20th, 2015.

The winning logo will be selected on Friday April 24th, 2015 and 25% of the payout will be remitted at that date. The Deliverables as outlined below must be uploaded and available by Friday May 1st for the remaining 75% of the payment to be rendered.    

Final Logo Deliverables:

  • Final files uploaded to Dropbox or similar file share service

  • Source File - either Photoshop or Illustrator

  • Vector Graphic or JPEG 300 DPI or higher.

  • Full Color Logo (on black background and on white background)

  • Black and White version of Logo

  • Alternative aspect ratio of Logo (If primary logo is rectangular - please provide square version as well)

  • Style Guide with Fonts and Colors

About the Florida Local Food Summit:

The Florida Local Food Summit is organized by Florida Organic Growers an organic farming support organization that focuses on education, policy and Organic Certification, along with East End Market, a cultural food hub and food education facility in Orlando, Florida and Local Roots: Farm to Restaurant Distribution and Farm Store in the East End Market.  

The collective goal of the Summit is to build a strong, thriving and healthy local food system.  The Summit is meant to be both a connection point as well as a space for advanced and hard-to-find education.  Organic growing, permaculture and entrepreneurship were the foundations of the first year and very much the concepts we would like to focus on.  This year we plan to go beyond vegetables and bring in the livestock and diversified farmers focused on conscious animal husbandry.  We would like the brand to reflect the organic nature of our goals, while adding the modern style coming from culinary side of the local food movement.

For a look at last year’s branding please visit - http://www.floridafoodsummit.com

The winning logo should be easily recognizable at a variety of resolutions and ideally incorporate graphic and text elements.  

It should be readable as a 180px x 180 pixel Facebook profile thumbnail and as a 815px x 315px Facebook Profile Picture.  

Please submit all designs to THIS e-mail address